This qualification has been specifically designed for the 18+ age groups, builds on existing knowledge and understanding of therapy skills and will develop an enhanced repertoire of technical skills to prepare you for employment. You will have your skills assessed in a real or realistic working environment.
This qualification will require research; it includes the skills involved in providing a thorough consultation with the client to formulate a specific course of treatment, tailored to suit individual client needs, use laser an light treatments for skin rejuvenation and hair removal and to manage the health, safety and security of the salon. The full list of units is presented in the learner Record of Assessment book (ROA) (specification) and the Qualification Structure tab. All units are mandatory.
1) Client care and communication in beauty-related industries
2) Laser and light treatments for hair removal
3) Laser and light treatments for skin rejuvenation
4) Management of health, safety and security in the salon
We accept overseas students visiting on tourist visas and can provide housing options. If you are from a country that is part of the European Union then you likely will be able to travel to the UK without obtaining a separate visa. If you are from outside of the EU then you will need to apply for a tourist travel visa from the UK government, which you can do here: www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa
When you have successfully completed this qualification you will be in a position to aspire to promotion as an advanced beauty therapist providing laser and IPL services within a beauty salon.
Further study qualifications could include:
- VTCT Level 4 Award in Physiology for Advanced Beauty Therapy
- VTCT Level 4 Certificate in Salon Management
- VTCT Level 4 Diploma in Advanced Beauty Therapy
- VTCT Level 4 Diploma in Salon Management