This qualification has been specifically designed for the 16-19 age group, and will develop the knowledge and skills to prepare learners for employment as a junior beauty therapist. Learners will have their beauty therapy skills assessed in a real working environment.
This qualification includes all the required elements to work effectively as a beauty therapist including: facial skincare, enhancement of eyebrows and eyelashes, waxing services, manicure, pedicure, effectiveness at work, health and safety and promoting additional products and services to clients.
Learners will further develop their understanding and skills base by selecting a number of optional specialist units which include: ear piercing, make-up services, spa operations, threading, skin camouflage, salon reception duties - the full list of optional units is presented in the learner Record of Assessment book (RoA) (specification). This qualification's structure provides learners with the flexibility to develop the knowledge, understanding and skills depending upon their designated career pathway as a junior beauty therapist.
1) Provide facial skin care treatment
2) Enhance the appearance of eyebrows and eyelashes
3) Carry out waxing services
4) Provide manicure services
5) Provide pedicure services
6) Develop and maintain effectiveness at work
7) Promote additional services or products to customers
8) Ensure responsibility for actions to reduce risks to health and safety
We accept overseas students visiting on tourist visas and can provide housing options. If you are from a country that is part of the European Union then you likely will be able to travel to the UK without obtaining a separate visa. If you are from outside of the EU then you will need to apply for a tourist travel visa from the UK government, which you can do here: www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa
Career opportunities as a junior beauty therapist exist in a variety of contexts, including:
- Commercial beauty salons
- Independent/self-employed/mobile/home-based settings
- Beauty retail concessions
Whilst this qualification's primary purpose is to prepare learners for employment as a junior beauty therapist, learners may choose to develop their skills further by undertaking Technical Level qualifications in beauty therapy at Level 3, including:
- VTCT Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Beauty Therapy General
- VTCT Level 3 Diploma in Beauty Therapy Studies