This course covers the following advanced aspects of barbering:
- Creatively cut hair using a combination of barbering techniques: We will push you creatively to think outside the box on how to combine different skills and techniques to produce a unique style that is personal to you as a men's stylist. You will use advanced clipper, fading and scissor techniques.
- Increasing speed while still producing a quality haircut: EWC will teach you to deliver fantastic haircut in industry standard time though the use of time efficient techniques and a more diverse understanding of how to structure a haircut from start to the end.
- Design and create a range of facial hair shapes&Provide shaving services: We will teach you the art of grooming facial hair, whether a full-grown beard or a full-face shave. You will understand all the required steps and abide by the current hygiene standards.
- Provide advanced client consultation services: EWC will teach you proper etiquette to make your service more than just a haircut, so that you can maximise your client retention.
Full Time: 3 weeks. Monday to Friday 10:00 - 17:00
The Hours will be flexible to suit the students' needs.
We accept overseas students visiting on tourist visas and can provide housing options. If you are from a country that is part of the European Union then you likely will be able to travel to the UK without obtaining a separate visa. If you are from outside of the EU then you will need to apply for a tourist travel visa from the UK government, which you can do here: www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa
What could this qualification lead to?
Learners who complete this qualification are eligible to become a State Registered Barber (SRB) with The Hairdressing Council.
Career opportunities as an all hair types hairdresser exist in a variety of contexts, including
- Commercial barbershops/salons
- Independent/self-employed/mobile/home-based settings
- Product manufacturing and training
- Armed services
- HM Prison service
- Cruise liners
- Hospitals/care homes
Further Learning Opportunities:
Whilst this qualification's primary purpose is to prepare you for employment as a senior barber/men's hairdresser you may choose to complement your skills base or become a specialist in a particular field of hairdressing by undertaking advanced specialist qualifications at Level 4:
- VTCT Level 4 Award in Creative Male Grooming
- VTCT Level 4 Certificate in Salon Management
- VTCT Level 4 Diploma in Salon Management
- VTCT Level 4 Certificate in Specialist Hair and Scalp Services
- VTCT Level 4 Certificate in Hair Colour Correction